For the Veteran

Various information for Veterans different government programs available to assist Veterans in starting a business. Veterans benefits programs. This is not a political blog but we will speak our minds about current treatment of Veterans returning from the Gulf.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Michael Yon is returning to Iraq

Greetings:

I'm in Hanoi, Vietnam, preparing to return to Iraq in a few weeks. I'll do my very best to deliver back to readers the kind of dispatches that flowed during 2005 from Iraq and earlier this year from Afghanistan.

Like PBS, NPR and the church, my website works largely off of support from those who benefit from it, and a vibrant cash flow is definitely helpful in ramping up the amount of work I can send back. I can usually write and photograph more than I can publish, but support allows me to bring more resources to the process.

There will be many expenses, including the incredibly expensive combat insurance. Please consider supporting the site directly or shopping in the gallery.

Meanwhile, I've written a new dispatch, originally intended as a private photo essay for the children of family and friends. At their urging, I've published it on the site. A warning to parents--there are references to cultural practices that might be distressing to young children, so please have adults review "The Floating Village" first.

Happy Holidays,


Michael

Michael Yon
P O Box 416
Westport Pt MA 02791

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home